Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jesus Fills Our Cup

This weekend has been so much fun! Last night was SAO's calender party (dress up as your favorite holiday!). It was absolutely hilarious. There were so many holidays represented: Earth Day, Wedding day, Cinco de Mayo, Grandparents day, etc. I dressed up as National Teacher's Day and Shelley was Valentine's day. My favorite was Labor day! Check this out:
Haha Regina is too funny. 

This morning was my Prayer Brunch! The girls and I were honored to have Sarah Martin, staff writer for She Seeks - A Division of Proverbs 31 Ministries specifically for women in their twenties, come speak to us. I had the privilege of meeting Sarah last night for dinner at Panera! We had so much fun getting to know each other while chatting about college life and Elevation Global. Sarah’s goal is to help young adult women see Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords in EVERY part of their life. Her message this morning was beautiful and exactly what many of us needed to hear. Sarah spoke on how we tend to fill our lives with other things in order to satisfy our desires. She used the analogy of a cup and how we can pour and pour out our lives into other things, but unless we are pouring from the Lord's unlimited supply, then we are soon going to run into depletion. If we allow the Word of God to fill us up and overflow in our lives, then we will be completely satisfied and also have life to give to others. It was a beautiful message and a fantastic reminder to myself that I need to continue to dig deeper into the Word of God and allow it to fill me up. NOTHING in this world can satisfy my desires (for a relationship, for purpose, for jobs, etc.) like Jesus can. Thank you Sarah! 


"So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be FILLED to the measure of ALL the FULLNESS of God." -Ephesians 3:17-20


So thankful for my new friend, Sarah!

Our yummy brunch food

Me and Tracy!

My twin littles!


Sarah talking to Shelley about possible jobs! Haha

Sister love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment