Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Talitha Koum"

Sometimes it seems like my life is getting pretty crazy... I find myself involved in a lot of different things, keeping up with friends and schoolwork, and trying to still find time for myself and the Lord. Sometimes it's easy for me to lose focus and become overwhelmed by my ever-growing workload. This morning during my quiet time I was humbled as I remembered my Lord’s faithfulness. I love it when God brings me down off of my high horse and reminds me that it's not about me...


This morning I was reading the story of when Jesus restored a dead girl to life in Mark 5:35-43. When Jesus came to the house of the little girl, the daughter of Jairus, he said, “Why all this commotion and wailing? The child is not dead, but asleep.” He then went to the little girl and He said “Talitha koum” which means “little girl rise” in Aramaic. The girl immediately stood up and walked around. Jesus then gave strict orders not to let anyone know about this.


I was thinking about how interesting it was that Jesus didn't want anyone to know about the miracle he had performed. He had raised a little girl up from the dead and it should have been ALL about Him. Day in and day out, I feel like God has to continually raise me up and equip me to handle all that he has placed in my sphere of influence. I know that I am fully capable. I have to keep reminding myself that rather than asking God to lower the load, I need to ask Him to increase my capacity to handle it. Every day God gives me the opportunity to advance His Kingdom through my every action. He says, "Talitha Koum" and expects me to live and breathe every moment for Him. It's not about me. It's all about Him. It's my calling to make His name known by rising every day to bring Him honor and praise. 

1 comment: