Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day post #3: What LOVE means to me.

My final Valentine's Day post is my favorite. I am so excited to finally speak on what LOVE means to me. The first time that I experienced incredible love is the way that my family loves me. They watched me grow up. They loved me even when I messed up or misbehaved. They are always there for me. They would do anything for me. They will listen to me cry, laugh, scream, and feel every emotion with me. This love is incredible to me. 

I have experienced love in relationships before. This love was incredible to me because it was new and exciting. It made me feel in a different way and showed me just how much love I have to give. I cherish this kind of love.   

I have experienced love in my friendships. I love that my friends feel like they can come talk to me. They are my support system when I am at school and away from my family. They bring comfort, laughter, and fun to my life. I appreciate this kind of love.

I am so happy that I have been blessed enough to experience love in my life. But where does this love come from? Why is it that we are able to feel such a strong emotion towards something or someone? This is where my Heavenly Father comes in. He has shown me more love this past year than I have experienced in my entire life. It is through HIM that my love for others comes from.

"Our lives are not a random series of events; they tell a story that has meaning. We aren't in a movie we've arrived at 20 minutes late; we are in a sacred romance. We are being wooed, but we are fearful. We face an emeny with vile intentions. Is anyone in charge? We answer no and go for the smaller story. But the answer is yes - there is someone strong and kind who notices me. Our story is written by God who is more than the Author, he is the romantic lead in our personal dramas. He created us for himself and now he is moving heaven and earth to restore us to his side. His wooing seems wild because he seeks to free our hear from the attachments and addictions we've chosen, thanks to the arrow's we've known. We are Beloved; our hearts are the most important thing about us, and our desire is wild because it is made for a wild God."

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

In response to my question, "What does love mean to me?" I can say that I see LOVE as unending. It loves even when it is hard. It perseveres through tough times. It comforts the brokenhearted, it hopes for the best, it trusts always. It desires. It is never content with simply 
"like." True love NEVER FAILS.

I look forward to the day where God multiplies the love in my heart and chooses for me to give some of it to someone special. Someone that He had planned for me from the very beginning. Someone that He knew that I would love. Someone to call a Valentine. Until that time, I remain content in everything I have been blessed with. 
My Valentine...
You laid down your life for me.
You tell me that You love me to no end everyday.
You fearfully and wonderfully made me.
You see beauty within.
You wrote arguably the longest love letter in all of history.
And You call me Yours. 
YOU ARE LOVE. 
This Valentine's Day, I return to my FIRST LOVE. (Revelation 2:4) ♥


P.S. Here are some Valentine's goodies I got! Woo hoo!

A hilarious letter from my little sister...haha

Goodies from my sweet momma and my church

 Candy from my older sister Shelley!

"Oh how much we need to understand that it is an awesome love story that we are in with God. We do tend to want to settle for so much less out of fear or whatever. But He's not going to let us settle for less."

No comments:

Post a Comment