Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Blessings

I am so thankful for the busy, but amazing weekend that I had. Friday night I had the privilege to participate in Relay for Life with my SAO sisters. It was an incredibly rewarding experience to walk for those who have been affected with cancer. I walked for my sweet friend Emily Rose who passed away from leukemia my senior year of high school. I feel so honored to have had the privilege of getting to know her as a friend, a fellow cheerleader, and a sister in Christ. 


Saturday night was my sorority's formal! I went with my friend, Natalie, and we had so much fun getting ready together! We quickly realized that we didn't need dates to have a good time and we proceeded to dance the night away. 



Last night was week 3 of our Grapes and Giants series at Elevation Global: AppState. We heard an INCREDIBLE message from Pastor James McDonald on the way God works. Pastor Mcdonald brought the heat and one life was changed forever. You can listen to his sermon here:
http://www.elevationchurch.org/sermons/grapesandgiants/part3. The message was based off of the story in 2 Kings 4:1-7: The woman and the oil. "We all face times of desperate need. God allows his children to go through adversity. Have confidence in the fact that this is when God is preparing to do something BIG." It was exactly what I needed to hear and I am so blessed to be a part of something so life changing. 

To You our hearts are open
Nothing here is hidden
You are our one desire
You alone are holy
Only You are worthy
God, let Your fire fall down

Let our shout be Your anthem
Your renown fill the skies
We are here for You, we are here for You...

We welcome You with praise
We welcome You with praise
Almighty God of love
Be welcomed in this place

I pray that you have a wonderful week and that you see God at work in your daily life. Allow Him to fill you to overflowing. God fills only what we offer. When we stop bringing, God stops pouring. Offer him your LIFE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment