Sunday, May 22, 2011

Being an Elevation Intern

I cannot express to you how much I am LOVING interning with Elevation Church. It is an incredible, exciting, fast-paced environment. I have learned so much already and I have only been there for a week! I am so honored to be under the leadership of so many wonderful men and women of God. I am also grateful that I have quickly become friends with the rest of the interns. They are all so special and perfectly placed as interns. This week, we had to endure many trials together:


- The incredibly fast-paced environment in which the staff works.
- BOOT CAMP- that's right. We have boot camp twice a week and we are competing for a prize at the end of this semester. The staff is doing this as well except they are a little more hardcore! Buck Buhler and Kelly Hubatka serve as our personal trainers. They call it Body by Buck and let me tell you... it is no joke. My partner Scott and I are totally going to win. 
- The interns went on a 6 mile History Walk of the church at 6:00 am. It was a wonderful bonding time for everyone and I LOVED every second of it. (Even though we were all so sore from our first boot camp!)
- Our INITIATION into the staff... Let's just say that it involved hot sauce. The staff was pretty excited about it... Check it out: http://yfrog.com/5k49869028z?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dd6c472d55134e0%2C0

It has been an amazing week. I LOVE working with the eGroups. I am under the awesome leadership of Jay Rabon, Elevation's eGroups Pastor. However, I also get the pleasure of working under Paul Cunningham, a wonderful man of God and a wealth of knowledge, and Jamie Waldron, Student eGroups Director. I have already learned so much about myself, the church, and building relationships with others. This morning, I got to witness so many people walking forward and giving their relationships and lives over to Christ during the Worship Experience. It is truly an honor to be in this position and have this incredible opportunity...


Thanking God for this season in my life that He has graciously blessed me with. I look forward to sharing more about my internship experiences with you soon! Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment