Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Once a Mountaineer, Always a Mountaineer

This past Sunday was my older sister, Shelley's graduation from Appalachian State! I am so happy for her, but I am sad to see her leave! I have so enjoyed getting to know her better as a sister, a best friend, and as a roommate this year. I remember coming to App as a little freshman and always seeking Shelley's help...I basically copied everything she did! 
Exhibit A...
Haha! I had the best time living with her in our little apartment this year. I will miss waking up and having my coffee with her, seeing her perfectly ready and watching Boy Meets World (wishing I could wake up early enough to watch it too!), baking cookies, watching tons of Bones episodes, sitting in the sun at Durham Park, walking the Boone loop, eating lots and lots of pasta, having the apartment decorated on my birthday, riding the Appalcart together every morning, joining SAO, and wanting my college life to be like hers. 

Shelley, there's so much more I could say. But I am thankful that we are sisters and not just roommates. I have the privilege of enjoying those things with you forever. I am so proud of you today! 

Those hours of studying and working hard have finally paid off! God is going to use you for such great things...what a strong woman of God you are! I am continually inspired by your passion for life, your motivation, and your driven personality. It is no wonder that I have so desired to be like you. You have been quite the role model for me throughout my entire life. 

May God be glorified in everything that you do...always glorified. I am so excited for you as you begin this exciting new chapter in your life! I LOVE YOU! 

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." 
-Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment