Thursday, May 5, 2011

This Year Has Taught Me...

After a long, hard week of exams, papers, and projects... I have FINALLY completed my sophomore year of college!! TOO WEIRD! It never ceases to amaze me what each year of college brings. This year, it has brought change, excitement, stress, hope, new beginnings, etc. and I have loved every second of it. 

A few things I have learned from this year...
- My Lord is ever faithful. Through the hard times, He remains strong and steadfast- an ever-present help in times of trouble. He is capable to fulfill my every need and love me with a love like no other.
- It is an incredibly rewarding experience to be in a position of leadership. I have found so much joy taking on leadership positions this year. Being Prayer Chair for SAO has been an exciting and challenging experience. It has presented me with opportunities to be broken, hurt, put back together, and filled with life in Jesus so that I might be an example to the ladies in SAO. Being Next Level Coordinator for Elevation Global: Boone has given me the chance to pray with those who are lost and were found and fill them with life in Christ. 
- Waiting for and finding true love can be quite the challenge. But when God presents you with the prince He has prepared, shaped, and created just for you, the wait will be worth it. This is something I have had to come to understand this year. I have had to put my complete trust in God this year and allow Him to take control in the area of relationships. Never have I been so challenged...but God has truly transformed me from a girl to a woman this year. So grateful.
- True friends are invaluable. I have so enjoyed getting to know so many wonderful women this year. I am grateful that the Lord has brought these women into my life for a reason. We are able to share our struggles and our joy with one another, pray for each other and lift each other up. I love spending time with them and I know that we will be friends for life. 
- Choosing a major seems like a concrete decision...until you realize that God has the final say. I'm not sure why I stressed out so much when deciding on a major. I have come to realize that God has the power to shape my life the way that he desires it to be. It is quite the roller coaster ride, but an incredible rush when you see what God had planned for you all along. ALLOW Him to take control. 

I am so thankful for my sophomore year of college. It has truly been a year of growing for me. 

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, so that it will be even more fruitful." 
- John 15:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment