Friday, January 28, 2011

In EVERY Season

Every Thursday night, a bunch of friends from the sorority and the fraternity get together and go to Campus Crusade. It is one of my favorite parts of my week! It is a time of worship, prayer, and fellowship. All of my stress from the week just fades away and I am able to just focus on what God has blessed me with. I LOVE IT! Last night, the worship band played some of my favorite songs: "Our God is Love," "Desert Song," and "Mighty to Save" -Hillsong. The Lord opened my eyes to a very important lesson during the "Desert Song." 

"All of my life,
In EVERY season,
You are STILL God,
I have a reason to sing.
I have a reason to worship."

This is something that the Lord constantly has to remind me of. My life has consisted of many different seasons, all equally important, and all equally life changing. This year, I am especially conscious of this fact. It seems like while I am in a hurry for some specific seasons to hurry up and get here, I am desperately eager for some other seasons to hurry and end. Here is an example of the changing seasons I experienced this past year:

-From a baby freshman at AppState University to a somewhat experienced sophomore. 
-From undecided to an Elementary Education major.
-From a 10 month relationship to single life.
-From a SAO candidate to Prayer Chair for the sorority. Dealing with the challenge of spiritually leading my sisters in Christ.

You see, while I am IN a particular season, I normally experience minimal discomfort. I am comfortable where I am and I would actually prefer to stay there. But, it is through the CHANGING seasons that I am calling out for help. I am struggling to keep my eyes fixed on God. Ironically, it is through these changing seasons that I GROW the most. My relationship with God becomes stronger. My eyes become opened rather than glazed over from a comfortable routine.  "In EVERY season" God is STILL God. He has not changed. He is only changing me so that I will learn to call upon Him. So that He can teach me and mold me to the kind of woman He wants me to be. 

"I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship." 


Praise God today for the changing seasons in your life. Keep your eyes fixed on Him and you will experience safe travel on the way to your next season. 


"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him." -Daniel 2:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment