Friday, February 4, 2011

Striving for Patience

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and 
heard my cry." 
- Psalm 40:1

Yesterday, I was talking to my beautiful friend Danielle about patience and waiting on the Lord. Let me just tell you a little bit about Danielle. She is the BEST role model and the sweetest person I know. This past semester I had the privilege of having her as my solo committee member :) She was amazing! I have always been able to talk to her and my other close girlfriends in the sorority about anything. 

Danielle and I at Senior Night- Sister of the Semester



Last year, a few of us participated in a fashion show for young girls in Dallas, NC. We had so much fun!!






Yesterday she texted me and we had the best conversation about waiting on the Lord. Having both recently gone through difficult breakups, we're able to bond like peanut butter and jelly. I'm so thankful to have a sister that I can relate to as we both wait patiently on the Lord. Although we're in a difficult season in our life right now, we cannot wait for God's blessings to be poured out in our lives. We can't wait to see what's in store for us! Many of my sisters are going through this difficult time of waiting and learning to be patient. I'm praying that God will give all of us peace and insight into his perfect will. 


Tonight is going to be EXTRA fun. Last semester, the guys in the fraternity had a Date Auction as a fundraiser. Natalie and I bought two dates: one with the fabulous Jon Palmer and one with the wonderful Justin Shaver. Tonight, we have the privilege of going to dinner with Justin Shaver! Woo hoo!! Can. Not. Wait.

I am SO excited for this weekend!!! My parents are coming up to visit and despite the rain and snow that is predicted for tomorrow, we are going to have a ton of fun! Last year when my parents came up, we went to Cone Manor and drove into Wilkesboro. 




We had so much fun! I can't wait to see what kinds of shenanigans we're going to get into this weekend. The only sad thing is that my favorite little sister won't get to come this weekend!! I miss her and I wish she didn't work so much! 

Love her! As I go into my weekend, I remember that my Father has gone before me and in every dark moment or painful circumstance has buried a treasure or stored a secret. The only way I can find the treasure or learn the secret is to pass through that darkness. Some things cannot be learned in the light. I will wait patiently on the Lord and enjoy where I am in my circumstances right now.  I am eternally blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. Caroline you are so precious! I am so thankful to have a friend like you! You always have the perfect encouraging word to share and always keep me laughing :)
    We will get through these tough times and look back on them grateful that we had these experiences to make us stronger and friends along the way to keep us focused on what really matters.

    Love you sweet girl!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete