Friday, September 2, 2011

Back to Boone

Well, I'm back in the lovely town of Boone for my junior year at Appalachian State! I am so excited for what I know will be an exciting and challenging year. It has been great to reunite with my App friends and have some fun. Earlier last week, Laura came over to the apartment and my roommate, Lori convinced us to build a fort in the living room. One word, FUN. Check it out:

 


We proceeded to cook dinner (to eat inside the fort of course) and watch the classic, You've Got Mail. Over the weekend, my friend Jamie and I journeyed over to Valle Crucis to explore their General Store and sit in the sunshine. I was so captivated by the beauty that exists in this small mountain town. It was BEAUTIFUL. Here are a few pictures from our adventure:


























It has been such a blessing to have such a warm welcome back to Boone. Learning to cook with Lori, celebrating Laura's birthday, beginning new classes, seeing all of my SAO girls, etc. has greatly eased the transition of summer to fall semester for me. I'm enjoying dwelling in the land. Psalm 37:4 "...Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and enjoy safe pastures." 

No comments:

Post a Comment